Logo

Engine wont turn over

The motor was running fine i t

The motor was running fine i took it out to change the gimbal bearing i get it all back together and it wont even spin over and i turned the shaft when i got the bearing in it so i know thats not the problem. What could it be i took all the plugs out and it still wont spin over. and the day before yesterday i know it wasnt locked because i pulled the crankshaft pulley off and when i was trying to loosen the bolt the motor tried to spin then. what could be the problem?

"Did you reconnect the ground

"Did you reconnect the ground cable between the engine block and the (-) of the battery? Also, did you connect the wiring to the starting relay correclty?

Run a small jumper wire between the big post in the starter solenoid (the one with the large + cable) and the prong at the right side that has a yellow/red wire: the starter should engage and the engine should turn. If not, make sure you are getting 12V to the large post in the starter, then make sure the engine is properly grounded to the battery (-).

If the engine turns, then your problem is either the solenoid, the starting relay, ignition switch, or wiring. My guess is that you forgot to connect something, since it was running well before you pulled the engine.

How did the bearing replacement go and how was the condition of the old bearing?"

The old bearing was no good at

The old bearing was no good at all as soon as i got that first one out them little balls rolled right out. i also remember someone else saying that they had trouble getting the bearings out but mine come right out after i got the snap rings out. O yea and there is no way in the world to change the bearing witout pulling the engine. ha. but it all went together well but the starter is working but the engine just wont spin over it will click and if i keep bumping the starter the engine enentually get to a free spot and turn over about a half a revolution. But i just took the engine back out and took the bell housing off and it turned over fine so im gonna try this again. I have never in my life heard of anything like this.

"I figured out what the proble

"I figured out what the problem was my dumb ass put the dust cover on the bell housing on backwards and the back of the flywheel was hitting up agianst it but i got it all back right and the engine back in it now, i still gotta put the foot on it but im gonna tackle that after work tomorrow. I fired it up for about 3 seconds and everything sounded good. I really appriciate all the info you have given me el. Thanks"

Back