Logo

Engine won't start without using Starter fluid

Basslkman

2014 Mercury 90 ELPT EFI
Serial # 2B074568

I have replaced the sparkplugs and fuel filters, nothing works so far.

Engine turns but doesn't fire--or catch--just grinds.

Anyone with any thoughts?

Yup....I'm gonna go to Chrysler dealer so I can get my trany fluid level checked too. No dipstick for this dip$h!t. WTF?

Don't that p*ss you off! My Focus was like that, and it had massive tranny problems with its idiot box (dual clutch).

I hear some cars are now coming through without engine oil dipsticks as well. Never buying one of those!

Jeff

It's all part of the "consumer control" program. I liken it to a beautifully decked out whore, that you fall for, then once you get it, you realized you made a huge mistake. Sorry....off topic.....my bad.

..."I liken it to a beautifully decked out whore, that you fall for, then once you get it, you realized you made a huge mistake. "

Yeah: she's a he!

Jeff

Ha.......yup.......it's a crazy world out there. I like staying home and let the customers come to me.....got plenty of work......a guy with a few skills and a little effort can survive.

You know, that's how my old OB business developed. I fixed up a few OBs for a friend, the word got out, and within a year I was inundated with work! People came to me from a hundred miles away, all on word of mouth. Left it all behind (mercifully) when I moved to Maryland.

Jeff

Yes, Jeff.....a good reputation welcomes success.....in anything we do. I often work outside under a tent, parts scattered throughout my pole barn....no room inside to work. Stupid. But above all I make sure the final output is near perfection. Texting customers with details and photos. Got 'em standing in line. Can't advertise or I can't keep up. Word of mouth. I apprenticed with someone likely much like you, or perhaps Joe Reeves.......taught me the best way to do things, save the customer his money.....no big store front and overhead. I thank all my fellow techs here for sharing their experience and expertise.

Back