Logo

Engine won't start after high pressure strainer replacement

dwightbarv

'02 HONDA 225.... Thanks for your help with replacing the high pressure strainer on my 225 Honda... All seemed to go well (no leaks etc.) but now the engine won't start...
Started OK with the old one... I did prime the crap out out of it looking for leaks... Could I have just flooded it?... Or did I miss something else? Any help would be great...
Our 2 weeks of summer here in New Hampshire is quickly waning. Thanx again... DBA

Did you squeeze the fuel bulb until it was hard? If the vst is empty, it takes a lot of squeezing. Make sure you are holding the bulb with the arrow pointing up.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

Tried squeezing the bulb 40 - 50 times. Didn't get 'rock' hard but as hard as it ever gets. I can hear fuel moving but still no leaks. I have to think the VST would be full by now. Still, when I
turn it over, it doesn't sound like it's getting any fuel. New plugs.. I also recently replaced the thermostats but I can't imagine that would make it not start.. Any ideas before I sink it??!! DBA

I am doubting that your squeeze bulb is working right. It should get rock hard.

Disconnect the fuel line as it goes into the engine and squeeze the bulb and see if anything comes out.

If it does...plug the end of the hose with an old spark plug or bolt and squeeze the bulb again. If you can keep squeezing and it does not get hard, get a new bulb.

Mike

Back