Logo

Engine wont shut down! 1978, 75 hp

JeanArr

Contributing Member
I know i already asked how to shut down the engine ( the original wiring)
And Joereeves explained everything correctly..... BUT

my problem is that the former owner changed the wires (including the colours:mad:)
So i would need a wiring diagram because there is no black or black/yellow wire coming from the powerhead, and what the hell is a "raised M Terminal" ?

Thank you guys

The normal terminals of an ignition switch are simply flat brass threaded holes at the same flat level area of the back of the switch.... this includes one of the two "M" terminals.

A raised "M" terminal is a sort of tower like terminal that protrudes outwards from the ignition switch by something like a 1/8" or so. This keeps that black/yellow kill circuit wire a good distance away from the other wires.

You will need to trace the black/yellow wire from the powerpack up to the ignition switch to find out what color wire the previous owner switched to. Personally I'd use a continuity test via a ohm meter for that job.

There will definitely be a black/yellow wire leading from the powerpack.... and at some point, any attached different colored wire has got to show up. This wouldn't be on any wiring diagram.

Mmmmhhhh...... I looked at the powerpack yesterday but i didnt check if there was the black yellow wire.
There is also a little "green" wire on the lower back of the cylinderhead/cooling partion which is not connected to anything? Where does that go?

But lets come back to the kill circuit.... so i follow the wire from the powerpack and then?

Back