Logo

engine temp sensor

amantinori

Contributing Member
after some inspection i found my temp gage is off. there is a new sensor that matched the old one, the reading is off about 20 degrees. question is how do i test this and where do i start in getting correct readings

The sensor must be matched to the boat: Single helm or dual helm (flybridge). If that's not the case, you'll have to live with it or replace the gage head.

Jeff

I believe i matched them, the # were identical. i read some where that it could be a bad ground if there was teflon used. I dont remember if i used teflon but knowing me i probably did ( paranoid of leeks) but if that was teh case it woudl either work on not work correct?

Jeff,

Might be a dumb question but what is the difference in the sending unit with a dual helm versus a single helm?

thanks,

Matt

tested the sensor and i get 12 volts. any other possible solutions you can offer? should i change the gauge? BTW i have a fly bridge and both gauges read the wrong temp

problem was exactly what you mentioned Jeff, they sent me a single helm sensor when i needed dual, i had the parts place check my order before i went crazy ripping things apart and sure enough it was the wrong one.

Back