Logo

Engine Pinup Model

noelct

Regular Contributor
I'm giving my M440 powered Mako 23IB a well deserved downtime. I took the mill out last fall and gave her a good cleaning and fresh paint. Almost ready to take the beast off the stand and Fit the drive gear. Note my handy remote oil filter and anchor for the always vibrating fuel filter. I'll keep adding pics as I progress. Having trouble loading all pics.

_IMG1134s.jpg_IMG1137s.jpg_IMG1138s.jpg_IMG1139s.jpg

Attachments

• _IMG1135s.jpg
    _IMG1135s.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 63
  • _IMG1136s.jpg
    _IMG1136s.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 56
Note my handy remote oil filter and anchor for the always vibrating fuel filter.

Nice clean work! :D

FYI...... the little metallic in-line fuel filter that I see will be installed within the pressure side of the fuel line (i.e., between pump and carb).... correct?
If so, this would not be USCG approved in this location.

In addition....., the square area of the filter media is very small compared to that of a standard Marine Fuel Filter media.

Thanks Rick. Yup, filter is bone-stock. I had one fail a few years ago though. That is why I finally fabbed bracket.

I was out with my kids in Block Island Sound one day years ago, and I realized a lack of power. I lifted her skirt and saw fuel spraying out of a split in filter caused by vibration. Then I shut her down and had an 8-mile tow back to the barn. Since then its been an item I keep a close eye on.

Cheers, Noel.

Back