Logo

Engine Parts??

Ryanscolo

Where can I go to order a new camsshaft for my 3.0L. Marineengine says to order it through my local chevy dealer but my mother in law works for chevy as a parts manager and she says they are all recinded part numbers or she can't get them at all. She can only get a few of the things I need?? Any help would be great.

Ryan

Contact one of the Aftermarket Suppliers, and Cam Grinders and see what they have to offer.

Bearing in mind that a Marine Camshaft will have a slightly different grind to the Automotive application.

I had a worn cam in my 225 Cubic Inch Buick V6, and my local Cam Grinder re-ground my own cam to as near as possible to the original profile.

Plus, don't forget to get your Cam Followers re-radiised, or purchase new ones. Don't do this, and you will end up wanting another camshaft, and followers, soon after starting.

Bruce.

Is the OMC number you have 3854262?

I found this x-ref to a Sierra-NAPA part number at one site:
Napa part number 18-1481 Camshaft - Mercruiser 424-3864, OMC 3854262

i didn't want to ask but what are you doing that you need both?

In other words you rebuilding a 3.0. Why what happened to the motor?

Hey Guys, well i got a new head for it about a months ago and I took the entire engine out to get it checked. I took the flywheel off which I didnt ave to do. After I got it all back in, I took it out to the lake to ops check it and the was a nock, so I thought for sure it was something with the camshaft or crankshaft, the guys at the marine dealer thought so too. So I drug it all the way home bcause my dad knows a guy that said he would rebuild the motor for me for 600 bucks plus parts and my dad and I got the cherry picker and took the motor out. Once we got it out we took the oil pan off and took apart some of the crank shaft and everything looked fine. Thas when I noticed the flywheel, it was supposed to be torqued down to like 65 pounds...yeah , i didnt do that...when I notices it some of the bolts were out at least 1/8 inch...so we torque...put the motor back in, took it out to the lake today and it ran well....Problem fixed.....now I have a new...well existing problem that I will post here in a second hoping one opf you guys can offer some advice.

Back