Logo

Engine identification help

Trevorleach

Friends boat (think Colvic fisher) been asked to service it.
Any clues as to engine model/bhp, and oil capacity.
Oil filter is the paper in removeable canister type, ie the messy bugger.
I cannot see any id plate, owner reckons boat is 30 years old, I suspect it is older.

Few checks suggests coolant has never been changed, removed coolant drain bung to be met by brown sludgy water!
Fuel filter drain cocks had replaced by wrong threaded acorn wheel nuts.

Sorry I cannot get image to load?

Resize your image to under 1000kb.
No need to be messy with a simple oil change. On my Volvo Penta I use a vacumn extractor. It’s a 9litre canister, warm up the engine, slide the tube down inside the dipstick tube, pump the handle, & the oil comes out.
For the filter, it depends on the orientation. If horizontal you enclose it with a Kitchen Catcher bag, & undo it…the oil will run into the bag. Same if it’s downward vertical. You can also drive a screwdriver into the top side, then vacumn extract most of the oil.

Resize your image to under 1000kb.
No need to be messy with a simple oil change. On my Volvo Penta I use a vacumn extractor. It’s a 9litre canister, warm up the engine, slide the tube down inside the dipstick tube, pump the handle, & the oil comes out.
For the filter, it depends on the orientation. If horizontal you enclose it with a Kitchen Catcher bag, & undo it…the oil will run into the bag. Same if it’s downward vertical. You can also drive a screwdriver into the top side, then vacumn extract most of the oil.
Ed thank you, resizing worked.

Back