Logo

Electrical mess 30hp Nissan

Tgc1021

I recently picked up a 89 Nissan 30hp for cheap(starting to see why). This was taken off a pontoon and it looks like they just cut the wires from the ignition switch and none of the wires match what I can find in the diagram. I was able to trace it back to the and these are the site I have. Black, brown, green, blue, red, gray. Think the gray was from tacometer. I found what the green, red and blue are. I’m assuming the brown is for the emergency kill switch and the black is ground. When I wired everything works except I get no spark. I’ve never hooked up an emergency kills with and I think that may be my problem. I have the brown wire connected to one end of my new kill switch. A second brown line on the other end of the switch. I then connected the second brown wire and black wire together. Attached them to M on the key switch. Motor turned over and the electric choke work perfect. I rebuilt the carb and added all new fuel lines. Still no spark. Just trying to rule out the emergency kill switch before I start diagnosing all the fun stuff that could be causing no spark to occur. PSI on both cylinders is great 120 exactly on both. Thanks for any input.

I'm having a no spark issue on a 25hp. I know the brown is the kill circuit that grounds spark. I am wondering what voltage I should be getting from the red and blue wires coming from the stator. I'm getting 125 volts on one wire and 6 volts on the other. I. Assuming charge coil and trigger?

Sorry for grammar. Traced back to power pack and these are the Colors of wire I have.
I'm also looking for a wiring diagram for nissan. If the brown wire is grounded itv Def grounds spark and I've seen Grey wires run to tachometer but that wouldn't have anything to do with running to your power pack. Everything running to your power pack is either charge coil for voltage and then trigger wires to tell the power pack when to release said voltage to spark. Black is ground.

Sure is ancient. There is a wiring diagram in the Factory service manual that will cover the remote control wiring. That applies to all Tohatsu/Nissan motors even up to today.

Back