Logo

EFI Code Reader for 2004 GI 81c

petesim

"I'm looking for info on b

"I'm looking for info on building a code reader to check faultcodes in my 8.1 as I'm having trouble getting hold of one. I see a post from Jim N on May 08 2006 on how to make one but I was a little lost. Jim says to locate Pin A & B and E on the Diagnostic plug. I'm assuming he mean't to bridge A&B, connect E to one side of a LED and ground the other side of the LED. Can someone (hopefully Jim N) tell me if I'm on the right track. Also can you tell me where I'd find a list of fault codes so I can decipher the codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Pete."

"As you said, you jump (br

"As you said, you jump (bridge) terminals "A" and "B" on the DLC, this puts the engine in Service Mode.

Then (using a 12V LED), you insert the negative side of the LED in terminal "E", and the positive side in terminal "F". It will then flash codes.

To use a computer safe test light instead of a LED, clip the test light lead to a 12v+ source, then touch the probe end to terminal "E" of the DLC and it will flash codes.

169710.jpg
"

"Dave n,

Thanks a lot for t

"Dave n,

Thanks a lot for that. One question though. How do you determine for example which coil is u/s if the flash code for all the coils are flash code 41.
Regards ...Peter"

"Peter,
Reading codes won&#39

"Peter,
Reading codes won't tell you anything more than the numeric code. If you have a stored code 41 or 81, you need to connect a scan tool to tell you which one you have.

Dave"

Back