Logo

E90mlcrd

Steviegrewit

Trying to figure out symptoms of a motor running hot, I’m afraid the last owner unhooked the temp sensors. I have been trying to replace the thermostats but the screws are seized. I can’t tell if the thermostats are opening like they should

The first thing I would do on a crossflow from 1984 is a compression test.----Post your numbers.-----Salt water motor ?-----Next I would inspect water pump impeller.

Freshwater setup I will do a comp. Test and get those posted, water is coming out of the tale tell . It’s peeing decent, I’m concerned about the thermostats tho I have been trying to replace them but the bolts are seized , someone told me not to worry about it , I was hoping to check them out to make sure there functioning properly and no debree is in them.

Does anybody kno what the poppet valves do or what they are for ? Do they open wen the thermostats closed to relieve water pressure? Or r they like a bypass if the thermostats are not functioning properly

At idle the thermostats control engine temperature.----When engine RPM increases the pressure opens poppit valves to allow extra water to circulate.

Back