Logo

E25RCIM thermostat.................

cosmo1

hi everyone need some more help plse.was out on the weekend and someone commented on steam coming out my exhaust and then how hot my motor was so having replaced water pump already am thinking of replacing thermostat as well........after reading my manual it appears that i have to remove the power head so therefore needing new head gaskets and everything or can i just remove the side plate please and replace the thermostat and put back together.
thanks

Just remove the cover on the cylinderhead to replace the thermostat.--------------------If you have had severe overheat you will have to retorque the cylinder head screws !!-----------------You may also have melted / damaged the rubber grommet at the top of the water tube as well.

cheers guys really appreciate the help,will do racerone spoke to the local evinrude dealer today about it and he got his mechanic out (why do young1s have such a attitude no bum fluff on his chin and hes carrying on as if he invented bloody outboards) was like pulling teeth but finally got the same sort of info from him and when i explained that i didn't think the motor had been touched i got a "don't bring it to me then the bolts will be seized" hahaha so i said "no thats why im here"

Back