Logo

DT115 PTT no pressure

darren_davis

"I have a 1995 DT115
I am hav

"I have a 1995 DT115
I am having trouble with the power tilt trim at the moment where it will not develop pressure.
Last weekend I was out 20km's offshore when I noticed the tilt trim motor was running by itself driving the motor down and would not switch off.
I came back to shore and with the boat on the trailer the only way to stop the trim tilt motor was to switch the battery off. With the outboard stuck fully down I had to lift the motor to get it home so I unscrewed the manual release valve, at the time I did not know that it only requires a couple of turns to release the pressure, so I unscrewed it all the way and drained all the fluid out.
During the week I replaced one of the tilt trim solenoids as my mechanic suggested and refilled the tilt motor with transmission fluid, but even though the solenoids are switching and the tilt trim motor is running and making the right noises it is not developing any pressure and lifting the motor.
Is there a trick to getting it up to pressure again? Any help would be appreciated."

Raise the engine manually by o

Raise the engine manually by opening the manual screw then lift your *&#@'s off. Fill the res. and wait 5 minutes. Lower the unit electrically. Wait 5 minutes. Raise the unit electrically and fill. Wait 5 minutes. Repeat until the funny noise of air bypassing the system stops and no more fluid will go into the res.

You also have a tilt switch th

You also have a tilt switch that is shorting across. Probably from salt getting inside.

Back