Logo

DT 55 timinig

whalerdt55

if the timing was off on my 19

if the timing was off on my 1996 dt 55 would that cause my idle to be high (1200 rpm with screw backed off all the way). How do you time ? thanks keith

"Were other than the main 2 bo

"Were other than the main 2 bolts on the carbs could you have an air leak. I do understand the effect because if you back the air screws back past 11/4 turns the IDLE goes up.Another question,the manual says that if the trottle valve sensor is adjust higher than 0.55V that idle will be high even with the idle adjusting screw backed off. I tested my TVS and I get nothing. when I checked the adjustment on it the screw is broke off inside. $160.00 from browns,could this also be the problem. thank you for info. Keith"

"Removing the trottle valve se

"Removing the trottle valve sensor I had to back off on the 6 carb bolts to get the bottom bolt off were the TVS ground is connected because you have to move the carbs forward to get the bolt past the stud,I found one bolt on the center carb was loose.this would be the air leak that JUST-IN TIME said.I will repost after I get the new TVS. I wish I had checked these bolts before I messed with the TVS. Thanks Keith"

Got my new TVS from browns and

Got my new TVS from browns and put in this morning.put the meter on it and it was .67 volts with the idle stop backed off. adjusted to .50 volts and checked it with full trottle and it was perfect in spec between the high end ranges.started up and it runs the best it has ever been. It idles very smooth and the response is nice. Keith

Back