Logo

DP290 Transom Bumper Replacement

jonc1438

I have a 1987 290DP outdrive serial number 3102011148 that is mounted on an Albemarle 24
The transom bumper is rusted off. i have the old bumper and it looks like it just rusted off the base plate which
is still on the outdrive. I have seen replacements online for around $100. My question is what hold this on to the unit.
Do the bolts go all the way through? Is it just pins that snap in? I am tempted to pry off the old rusty plate but want some advice.
I am new to inboard outboard and this forum. Thanks for any advice.

jon

Bumper held on by two thru studs with nuts inside the boat. If the bumper fell off, likely nuts rusted on as well. IF all else fails, use a dremel tool with a grinding disk... Wear safety goggles, go slow and easy as the grinding disks can shatter if you get ham fisted.

Thanks. I will give it a try. i figured they were all the way through. Could be a place for water intrusion if not done right. Should i use any sealant on them?

Thanks

Jon

Bumper held on by two thru studs with nuts inside the boat. If the bumper fell off, likely nuts rusted on as well. IF all else fails, use a dremel tool with a grinding disk... Wear safety goggles, go slow and easy as the grinding disks can shatter if you get ham fisted.

Back