Logo

Doing compression how to make a remote starter button

the actron stuff is probably a

the actron stuff is probably available at the local auto parts store for a nominal premium.

I'd suggest hooking it up to the slave solenoid when its time to use it...it will last forever that way.

i got the actron at auto store

i got the actron at auto store.

didnt have time to do compression.

1. reading and some books say to have the engines warmed to normal temp before doing the tests.

I lean on the engines a bit and that could be difficult.

2. i see some books say to ground the coil wire and other do not. aligator clamps?

"Ok guys if your that tight yo

"Ok guys if your that tight you cant spend,$15.00
bucks to get a real one ,at any parts store,something is wrong.you hook up one end to the yellow and red wire close to the inside of the starter,the other wire goes to the hot or red wire,undo the coil wire,and on crusader you do a cold test,if the commpression is low squirt a little oil; in the cyndiler?,and if its still low compression YOU R F--KED"

Doing it cold is OK (detai

Doing it cold is OK (details in your inbox).

The safest way is to ground the high tension lead from the coil.

My remote starter is very expe

My remote starter is very expensive. My mother had a second child 51 years ago.. I use him

"Mark,
Okay to ground to the

"Mark,
Okay to ground to the engine I'm leaning on?

So I need to have a wire of the correct AWG that has clips, to attach to coil wire and engine block.

Here is where I get fuzzy... How do I calculate the correct AWG?

Al,
If you have a brother or sister that is willing to help you at the boat (when your not fishing) then you are RICH with what matters."

"If you are worried about grou

"If you are worried about grounding the coil and leaning on the block, it won't "BITE" you unles you choose to play the role of the "wire".

Any readily available jumper will work; you don't care about the isulation properies. Shorter is better; just make sure the clip is big enough to hold onto whatever you use. Disconnecting the B+ at the coil should work, too, as an alternate."

"Why are you grounding the coi

"Why are you grounding the coil wire? Just leave the ignition switch off. If you're jumping between the (B+) and the (S) terminals on the solenoid it's only going to crank, it's not going to start."

"if the ignition feed off the

"if the ignition feed off the starter solenoid is connected, he may get a minor surprise if the coil wire isn't grounded.

I'd say better safe than surprised."

"The Mark Man is correct, plus

"The Mark Man is correct, plus unconnected spark plug wires can damage the ignition system. Pull the coil wire from the distributor and ground it to the manifold.

Oh, and open the throttle when you crank.

Jeff"

Seems like disconnecting the B+ lead to the coil is best. Won't make any high voltage then.

I have read that some ignition systems can be damaged by grounding the coil output but its never happened in my experience and is probably an old wives tale.

Back