Logo

Does it HAVE to be ?

corsair23

Regular Contributor
Im thinking of replacing my Anode on the stern of this old Chris craft. I want to put on 2 "puck" style anodes , instead of the one that's there. The anode thats there is one solid bar, preventing me any space in the center for the plug site. This boat of mine reallllly needs a rear bilge plug. That way, I can tilt the boat up, and it'll self drain. The way it is now, there's only one forward bilge plug on the Starboard side. The keel stringer prevents the boat from completely draining while in storage.It holds quite a lot of water as is.
Question is: does the wire connecting the anode to the intermediate HAVE to be Stainless? If so, why?
When I complete this, I will need to buy another wire to connect both anodes to the intermediate, as there is only one wire there now.

S.

When I complete this, I will need to buy another wire to connect both anodes to the intermediate, as there is only one wire there now.
Ayuh,... You can do it however you'd like,...
But, the anodes MUST be Bonded to the drive is some form,... SSteel wire is the Best way...

Back