Logo

Do I need a new gas tank???

Georgiaboy67

Advanced Contributor
So I had made an attempt to replace the pickup tube on my plastic tank.. it was bad and my fuel system is still catching air..
the big hex nut that holds the pickup tube is now spinning with the tube..
https://instagram.com/p/BTXeS5TA97Q/
that's what the hex nut looks like.. am I screwed and need to replace the fuel tank or what should I do?

I thought you said you replaced the antisiphon valve? If not just get a new one to go with the new pickup fitting it is possible the fitting has a crack anyways on the pickup 90?

Yeah I replaced the anti siphon valve as well. I was told that the big hex nut that the pickup tube threads into is supposedly molded into the tank so if it moves then I'm supposedly screwed.

Sorry i am new at this and do not know how to post a question. so....I have a 91 200 hp evinrude that i have been dumping money into to try to go fishing. My problem is that when the motor sits for about three days i have no spark. When i do finally get spark it will run all day. Anyhow i pulled the flywheel off (looks brand new, paint on the magnet face) to inspect the stator, there is a single black coil with 2 brown wires towards the front of the boat. This has hardened black goo on it and below it. the two rear ones not that bad. What is the pupose of the front coil with 2 brown wires?

Sorry i am new at this and do not know how to post a question. so....I have a 91 200 hp evinrude that i have been dumping money into to try to go fishing. My problem is that when the motor sits for about three days i have no spark. When i do finally get spark it will run all day. Anyhow i pulled the flywheel off (looks brand new, paint on the magnet face) to inspect the stator, there is a single black coil with 2 brown wires towards the front of the boat. This has hardened black goo on it and below it. the two rear ones not that bad. What is the pupose of the front coil with 2 brown wires?
Go to forum home and click on johnson/evinrude forum and then click on start new thread. Give us the model number and as much history as possible.

Yeah I'm not sure if it leaks gas out or not cause I didn't have a full tank. Or full enough for it to splash. Work said I could try stuff called gasola. Not sure if that's spelled right... never heard of it. The tech is planning on Wednesday night or Thursday night after work to see where all I'm sucking in air at. I can prob seal it off to keep gas and oil from leaking out. I was more concerned of is that area a place where the fuel system can suck air in ? tech thinks it is prob catching air in what he called a fuel manifold.. will know more of if that's happening or not hopefully this week.. he knows these motors better then a lot of others but hes getting a lot of the ****ty motors thrown at him at once

No I can't really get underneath it. It looks to be the surrounding edge was molded into the tank building process. It's supposed to just sit there and not ever move cause I do know they aren't replaceable. I was a try to put some kind of sealant around the edge just to make sure nothing comes out or goes in where the nut is

Back