Logo

DIY Repowering with '99 90hp Evinrude FICHT - 3 fluid lines? Help

comackin

Hi there this is my 1st time posting and it may turn out to be a stupid question but my only experience has been with the '70's era Evinrude motors, as such I've only ever had the quick disconnect fuel line for pre mixed fuel. I recently got a great deal on this FICHT motor, Test drive and everything ran great so now I'm hooking it up to my boat, Was not there for the removal from the other guy's boat and so I don't know where these 3 different lines are supposed to lead to. I know that 1 goes to the fuel tank and one goes to the oil tank, and the 3rd is likely a return line, But I'm not quite sure how to tell which is which and Where exactly the 2nd fuel line is supposed to go to, the seloc online manual hasn't presented any clear pictures of all three tunes labelled so I'm still scratching my head. From what I've gleened online I'm going to have to drill a tap for the return into one of my many gas tanks, or does anyone sell portable tanks that have the return built in? I'm aware that this motor is a Different beast altogether And don't want to "fich" anything up. Thanks in advance for any help!

Pics of the lines if helpful
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EG91FjfxkcIss2NuwGfHwH6GFYW9cepC/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kGzNd5Fw8xYn3PLxPPbjYzhNa8YvL2qr/view?usp=sharing

You have fuel in from tank, oil from reservoir and return to reservoir. You must have the FFI oil tank. The oil supply hose is usually striped and 1/4 size. Make sure you prime the oil system.

Hi, thank you so much for the reply. I did figure it out finally yesterday after looking at the fuel flow diagram and realizing the return only goes back into the regulator. I suppose the extra nipple on the oil tank should've been my first clue but this thing may as well be alien tech compared to what I'm used to. Took the maiden voyage last night and she seemed to run great. I'm assuming by priming the oil you mean just squeezing the ball till firm like with the gas right? Also I read there is a fuel additive that's recommended with each fill up called "carbon guard", should I be doing that too? Also, I'm concerned about breaking this thing so are there any other "best practices" I should know for caring for this motor, maybe a test I can do to make sure the oil pump is always working? from what I've gathered it sounds like I cant disable the oil system and premix the way some do with VRO, right? would it be more harm than good to soften the gas up with a small amount of 2 cycle oil or would that just gunk things up? And thanks again for any responses, I'm sure a lot of these are stupid questions lol

No you cannot make these a premix. The oil injector has 5 oil lines , 4 to cylinders and one that adds a lil oil to fuel lift pump to injectors..so yes a lil premix goes thru injector to lube pintle.

thanks for the info. been reading through the seloc online, was told to use XD50 by the guy I bought it from but assuming money is no object would XD100 be better for preventing carbon build-up? I can see some carbon deposits in the cylinders whats the best way to go about degunking? TIA!

Back