Logo

Disassembly of 1970 Viking (Chrysler) 9.6 hp

kdeans97

I would like to disassemble the lower leg to get at the impeller (it is not pushing any water out the three verticle vents just below the power head). A complete instruction or reference to a book or manual would be the best, but if that is not the case, I will ask specific questions; the first being how to separate the power head from the middle section from the lower leg. There are six bolts going into the middle section from the power head (inside the cover) and there are four bolts attaching the lower leg to the middle section. I didn't want to disconect the shift linkeage without some kind of instruction for fear that I might not be able to reconnect it.

Thanx for any help. I have the original manual but it's for tune-up and light service only.

I think you just have to take the four bolts holding the lower unit to the upper unit to get to the impeller but I'm not sure. I just got the same motor and also have the same manual. I'm pretty sure you don't have to take the motor off the middle section. Do you know where to get parts for this motor? I'm looking for a prop and a few other things. Thanks

1970 Viking 9.6 hp (Made by Chrysler)

Back