Logo

diagram needed

jslaughter

I am in need of a diagram on a 1987 evinrude 9.9 for the starter switch and neutral safety switch. Both are missing from my motor and i would like to install used ones but I have absolutely no idea of what im doing when it comes to electric wiring. The more details the better!! Thanks in advance!!

ok i got the wiring down but someone told me something about a rectifier. what is this for? do i need this or can i run the wiring like explained above and run the motor like that?

Yea thats what im doing now. Im pull starting it from the flywheel until my switches come in the mail. I just needed to be sure that I didn't NEED it. Im not sure if I have one or not I havent had a chance to take a look but probably not since im starting to think someone before was trying to convert it to electric start with the least amount of parts possible

yea ive skimmed through his stuff and there is alot of great info its just hard to find specifics on one thing if thats all you need and your not reading the whole thing

Back