Logo

Df 250 stalling rough idle and low speed

kmoose

"Having problems with my df 25

"Having problems with my df 250. Very low idle, stalling. Idles rough and shakes, misses at low speeds. Check engine lite comes on intermitantly. Runs strong on top end and on plane but is stumbling getting up the rpms.
I'm waiting on a call from the dealer but would like to hear from the folks here before I get any bad news. Some other facts are the engine is and 04, has run perfectly up until now. I was stuck offshore and had to bump up the painted screw on the throtlebody linkage to have enough rpms to get it into gear and run in.... The dealer is prehemptively flipping out over that!! stating I may have to replace the throtlebodies!! Also, this motor fell under the ecm recall but has not had the unit replaced (just found out about that one). Any info would be of great help. At first I thought it may be the idle air control valve, but that would not explain the missing and shaking."

Update: Called the dealer this

Update: Called the dealer this afternoon. I could tell he did'nt want to discuss my motor isssues but then he came clean. He told me my motor backfired while they were doing diagnostic tests on the motor and that the plastic intake cover was blown loose and possibly some gaskets!! He stated that the backfire was very violent and that he was waiting for a call from the local Suzy rep. He also stated he was concerned about the factory honoring the the recall on the ECU as it should of been replace a long time ago......!?!?!?!? My ars is starting to hurt already....

Back