Logo

DaveAl Ted B and Bob Dunne

willow

Regular Contributor
"The brushes have arrived and

"The brushes have arrived and I will rewrap each one and mail them down to you.

1) Please send your postal/mailing address to [email protected]

2)If you have a Paypal account you can pay me with that.

<u>My home address as well as my Paypal account address will be enclosed in each package</u> so that you can pay me via Paypal or Money Order to my home address.

**** Please note....the email address on my
profile on this forum is NOT my Paypal address.

Bear with the postal service, it took 15 days to get here from the US !!!

DO NOT PAY until you receive the package and are satisfied with the brush.

The cost will be approximately $20.00 USD each and should cover all postage

Two photos attached..

The brush is about 26 inches long.(I taped it to a wall for the photo)

The head of the brush is 2 1/2 inches long

334775.jpg
b1"">
334776.jpg
b2

"Guys...here is the drill.

"Guys...here is the drill.

The cost to ship each brush to each fellow in the USA <u>would have been</u> $14.00 per brush.

That is ridiculous

To ship all 4 brushes in a small box to one of you would be about the same price....($14.00 for all four)

In steps AL

He has volunteered to accept the 4 brushes in a single box and then resend them to each of you. Each brush will already be addressed and ready to mail. All Al has to do is take them out of the box and then resend them from a US Post Office.

(((((The cost of Al's mailing job will be subtracted from the cost of his brush.))))

Once you have the brush, are happy with it, let me know and I'll send you a personal email with the cost of the brush and we can arrange some way to pay for the items. I believe I quoted you each about $20.00 and it won't be much over that.

As I said in an email to Al <font color=""ff0000"">I started this and I will finish it</font> and if it costs me a bit, I really don't care.

The information one gleans from the individuals on the Crusader forum is priceless
happy.gif

Hope you are all having a great Thanksgiving Holiday."

"Hello All,

Well we can&#39

"Hello All,

Well we can't heap too many acolades on the Canadian and US Postal service.
thumbs_down.gif

Al just advised me that the brushes arrived at his residence in NJ today......17 days after they were sent EXPEDITED POST.

And what a coincidence as I called Canada Post today and started an investigation file to find out what happened as the package was supposed to take a maximum of 7 days from "up here" to down there.

Anyhooooo Al will be mailing out the brushes shortly and when the dust settles and, IF YOU are happy with the brushes, we'll figure out the financial end.

regards,
DK"

"Great news. This reminds me

"Great news. This reminds me of the check I sent to the Bahamas last summer. The destination address was 85 miles east of me, and it took 60 some days to get there. Hey, even the slow boats make that trip in a day! By that time, I did a check cancel and arranged another payment."

"Don has spoken.... I got home

"Don has spoken.... I got home tonight from work adn they were sticking out of my giant rural delivery mailbox.

I will mail them tomorrow (12-16-09) to every one in the group.

HATS OFF TO DON KEYE: He made the entire process 100% idiot proof. Each brush is supported, wrapped and labeled...taped and sealed with return addresses and all....GREAT JOB and Thank you."

"Ted, Since I have one here no

"Ted, Since I have one here now...it is MUCH better that the rifle cleaning brush. Since that screws into a rod and then breaks off in 2 -3 strokes, this is a permament attachment... She'll love it"

"Gee guys,
Barring any hold u

"Gee guys,
Barring any hold up because of Christmas mail volume, they are all sent out today first class mail. I won't be too hard to find. Its' the 24 foot long piece of tape, holding the paper in a 30" format!"

Can I trouble you guys to tell

Can I trouble you guys to tell me what this brush is for. Im thinking a heat exchanger cleaner. Im a do it yourself guy so any tips I can get are sure appreciated. Thanks Phil

"Phil,
It has about a 30 inch

"Phil,
It has about a 30 inch wound handle on it and it is known as a .200 inch brass condenser brush.

I got REALLY smart a few years ago and used a .177 caliber gun cleaning rod but the lengths of these rods is accomplished by screwing them together. As you already can guess, the threaded joint broke inside the core tube and it took more time to remove than it was to probably pass this rod thru the entire honeycomb core.

So Just keep those kind of thoughts in mind when adapting certain things...It changed my perspective !"

"Guys/Gals….I have not been on

"Guys/Gals….I have not been on this site that long but have found a wealth of information available from many people. It is gratifying to see so many “boaters” who share in the dispensing of truly helpful information and at no charge!!!

In keeping with the Christmas spirit, I would like to ask that each individual, (( except AL)), who received a brush to please donate $20.00 to the Christmas Charity of their choice, (Food Bank – Salvation Army bell Ringer, etc.), and we’ll call the financial side of the “brushcapade” complete.

AL….you are requested to donate $10.00 as you did pay for mailing out the other brushes.

I hope all of you that frequent this forum have a very Merry Christmas and all your dreams come true in 2010.

DK
335511.gif
gif

"Don,

I received my brush t

"Don,

I received my brush today and it is 100x better than the gun brush that I (and I believe Al) bought. I can't wait for my H/E to clog again!

Thanks to you and Al for pulling this together, I would be happy to make a donation over the next couple of days.

Much appreciated and Merry Christmas to you as well.

Bob"

"Just for the record...Don did

"Just for the record...Don did 99.89% of the project... I only opened his box, drove to the post office and bought the local postage. Don prepared it all so well, he wrapped and addressed it all....Thanks again Don..."

I got my brush yesterday. A h

I got my brush yesterday. A huge thank you to both Don and Al; I'm off to give to a bell ringer right now. Merry Christmas!

"Thanks to all of you.....you

"Thanks to all of you.....you have undoubtedly helped out someone in need.

Have a great Christmas and a better 2010

374427.gif
giffer

Back