Logo

Dammmm batteriesone more shot

rich_b

Contributing Member
"o.k what if i ran a separate

"o.k what if i ran a separate switch on all 4 batteries then to a bus bar then to the starter.that way i will turn one battery on at a time.when one goes dead turn the second switch,when that goes dead turn the third switch,when i get to the fourth battery i will start the boat. i don't know.sometimes to much information is worse. thanks guys"

"if you look in the clymer man

"if you look in the clymer manual under 1975 mercruiser 165hp str 6 cylinder.my motor is wired exactly the same,i know because i did it.the alternator wire runs to the gauge then back to the starter.my fuse panel is wired off the gauge.that is the way the book says to do it.thats what i did.if any one has any suggestions i am listening."

"[b]"o.k what if i ran a s

""o.k what if i ran a separate switch on all 4 batteries then to a bus bar then to the starter.that way i will turn one battery on at a time.when one goes dead turn the second switch,when that goes dead turn the third switch,"

Ayuh,.......

Your post seems to be not much more than rambling,.....

Best I can get out of it is,.......

Why not just Fix the charging system so it Works..........

"if you look in the clymer manual under 1975 mercruiser 165hp str 6 cylinder.my motor is wired exactly the same,i know because i did it.the alternator wire runs to the gauge then back to the starter."

I don't know about a Clymer's manual,......It Doesn't sound Right to Me.......
Click Here for the Factory Manual for Your motor
They're fairly LARGE pdf. files,....I believe the 1 for you is 1 Gig,.... It may take awhile to download.....
So,.... Click on the link,+ enjoy......"

p.s. bondo- nothing is broke.i

p.s. bondo- nothing is broke.i am upgrading to 4 (8d batteries)-new alternator and i have a 140 amp isolator and a switch.just trying to do it right the first time.thanx

Back