Logo

cylinder block evinrude 90 hp

shanik

Hi all
i am trying to connect LOCK PLATE CYLINDER. TO CRANKCASE on my Evinrude 90 hp 1985 Outboard 90 - E90TLCOS. When I disconnected the cylinder block and the locking plate, I noticed that some kind of varnish was applied between them, not a gasket or sealant, namely varnish, does anyone know what kind of varnish is and can sealant be used instead?

Attachments

• Без названия.jpg
    Без названия.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 3
You assemble the crankcase and crankcase cover with Loctite 518 or 515----Or BRP gel seal.-------Research and work carefully on this project.-----Mistakes will be expensive.-----Note---It is very important that all surfaces are free of dirt / old sealer / and bumps.-------It is very , very important to use the correct sealer.-----

Last edited:
You assemble the crankcase and crankcase cover with Loctite 518 or 515----Or BRP gel seal.-------Research and work carefully on this project.-----Mistakes will be expensive.-----Note---It is very important that all surfaces are free of dirt / old sealer / and bumps.-------It is very , very important to use the correct sealer.-----
thank you for help. Will try to use loctite 518

I haven't followed any procedure yet. spent three weeks on a shift in the camp, only returned. I want to start assembling the engine this weekend

Work carefully.-----And do not use too much sealer either.-----And some places do not need sealer.----There is a risk of blocking small passageways.

Back