Logo

Crusader carbs

eggharborrick

Contributing Member
"ok boys,lets have an honest o

"ok boys,lets have an honest opinion here.85 silverton with twin 270 crudsaders.in my left hand i'm holding 2 brand new 1409 edlebrocks.i'm aware of the fuel line change,adapter plate and i have no height issues.in my right hand i hold two 24 year old q-jets just rebuilt by cliff in ohio. what would you do??"

"Depends on what carbs are/ we

"Depends on what carbs are/ were on there before. If Q-Jets, then go that way; if not, go Edelbrocks.

Simple!

Jeff"

"You sound like a perfect test

"You sound like a perfect test case. Put on the qjets, run the boat 100 miles, measure fuel consumption. Replace with AFB's, redo. Report your findings!"

Why not put (1) Q jet

Why not put (1) Q jet on port engine and (1) Edelbrock on starboard. Great side by side test to see which would perform better.

"Do you have a fuel meter setu

"Do you have a fuel meter setup installed? The one of each method, switched after a period of time or distance, would "normalize" any engine/drive line variations as long as both phases of the test used similar conditions (rpm, current, and wind).

I would have just went the Q-jet route and put the $$ for the 1409's into the fuel tank and cooler stock (or the xmas funds....)"

"I've got different carbs

"I've got different carbs on mine. One holley and one edelbrock. It is very interesting to compare the different characteristics. Did both engines consume the same fuel prior to carb removal? One of my engines has always been "thirstier" than the other, regardless of carb."

..."Why not put (1&#41

..."Why not put (1) Q jet on port engine and (1) Edelbrock on starboard. Great side by side test to see which would perform better."

Not good enough. You need to put EACH carb on EACH motor and compare.

Jeff

I replaced both my Rochester&#

I replaced both my Rochester's with Edelbrock 1409's. Mileage went up from 1.1 to 1.8 mpg and accelerated much smoother.

1966 Californian express cruis

1966 Californian express cruiser 30' twin 350's Borg Warner 71's 1:1 straight shafts.

"guessing 10,000lb. She's

"guessing 10,000lb. She's 30'x 10'6" hand laid fiberglass on the old wood construction schedule. Thick. No foam. Express cabin cruiser. Similar to the Chris Craft Express of that year."

Back