Logo

Crusader 8.1 error code 0336

BTGalligan

Anyone have any insight to the cause of the error code, 0336, on a 8.1 in a 2007 Silverton? I've been chasing the cause for several years. Various sensors have been relaced, motor mounts have been tightened, factory wiring harness has not been modified or compromised. The issue is the port engine on the boat will start and run, but after running at cruising speeds, when brought down to idle, the engine will stall. Most times it will fire right back up. However, it will occasionally crank over and not re-start immediately. During our last cruise, I did not use the engine synchronizer in an effort to further drill down on the root cause. The engine threw the 0336 code but never stalled out and the motor ran perfectly. Both I and my marine tech are scratching our heads looking for a resolution to this problem.
Does anyone have thoughts on how to resolve this issue?

did you clear the code and then see if it appears when you induce the stall, to see if they are correlated?

You have a good deal more info available with the newer ECM so a scan tool may help in the diagnosis...

Last item that comes to mind - have you cleaned out the IAC path in the throttle body???

The code has been cleared several times and returns. My tech has used a scan tool and this is the only code that ever pops up.
I believe the IAC has been cleaned but I'll have to confirm that.
Thanks for the response.

ok...as far as the code itself goes, most likely wiring going to the Crank Position sensor from the ECU...

I suspect that if the engine runs well the stalling is separate from the DTC setting...

Verifying good fuel pressure across the RPM band would be next....especially when it stalls...right behind that would be verifying the engine has spark before and after the stall...

Back