Logo

Crusader 454 fuel consumption

Valerio_RM

Hi all,

I'm about to buy a Luhrs 34 Convertible which mounts two Crusader 454s. I'd want to know about fuel consumptions. Any hints?

Regards
Valerio Desantis

When trimmed just right on a fairly calm sea, I get about .9 GPM at 3200 RPM'S on my 1990 Luhr's 34' MY (twin Crusader 454's, (FWC). 3200 RPM'S gets me about 17 MPH while burning about 9 GPH per engine. You may differ either way. Those 454's like to drink!!
Nightstalker

Thanks for the info :)

Can you also tell me what's the maximum speed the boat can reach and what are the consumptions at such speed?

Regards
Valerio

Thanks for the info :)

Can you also tell me what's the maximum speed the boat can reach and what are the consumptions at such speed?

Regards
Valerio
Top RPM'S for me is 4300. At 4300 RPM'S, I can do about 24 MPH. You arn't going to believe this but, at this speed and RPM'S, I burn approximately 26 GPH per engine for a total burn of 52 GPH. Needless to say, I only open her up a few times a year for 10 seconds or so to see how she performs.
Nightstalker

My 34 Silverton Convertible is on the same level. At 4200 rpm we burn about 48 GPH at about 28knots and as Nightstalker, only do it 1 or 2 times a season for a few seconds. We usually run 3000 rpm cruise at 16-18knots with a rate of about .6 nmpg and about 21-23 gph . Sea conditions will impact these numbers. When the gas companies got greedy a few years ago, we figured about $200.00 per hour just for fuel at those speeds.....yee ha!

Back