Logo

Compression numbers E150STLCOH “1985 evinrude xp vro 2 stroke”

Mitchdawg

I’m looking for the compression numbers what is considered low and how do i get the numbers higher if they are low. I’ve read that 2 stroke older engines typically are low compression. I don’t have an owners manual. Cold compression numbers vs hot compression numbers.

Last edited:
Just do the compression test cold and post your numbers.-----And no the throttle plates do not have to be wide open.

The numbers are low i believe right side standing behind the engine top cylinder 1-3 1 is 80 2 is 70 3 is 70 left side top 1-3 1 is 70 2 is 70 3 is 70 this was cold cranking all plugs removed throttle handle at wide open. I had it running decent the other day by adjusting the idle screw it bogged down underload but i adjusted the idle speed screw and had it decently running twisted it a little more cause it wasnt even close to 100% and messed it up again to where it bogs down full throttle only underload it runs perfectly fine on land on muffs.

Last edited:
New psi numbers top right standing behind engine 1-3 1RT:90 2RM:85 3RB:85 top left standing behind engine 1-3 1LT:85 2LM:85 3LB:84

Back