Logo

Compression for 75 hp 84 Evinrude amp cooling question

rudy

" My Evinrude manual doesn&#39

" My Evinrude manual doesn't give a compression spec range and I couldn't find any help on their online site. I need to know the compression specs for my 7.5 hp 84 Evinrude. The Outboard shop cleaned the carburetor to solve the stalling out and the mechanic said he was concerned with 90# PSI and it also had a cooling issue. I have a spare power head that's supposed to have 95 psi so 90 didn't seem that low to me. However with no referrence point, well... Also, I thought if water is coming out the back indicator tube then it's passing through the head (block) first, sometimes water seems hotter but I can still hold my hand under it. I've done lots of mechanic stuff, but new to Outboards and this site. "

"Rudy.... 90 psi is fine for t

"Rudy.... 90 psi is fine for that engine. However, if the engine has been overheated bad at one time or another, I would strongly suggest that you replace the head gasket due to the fact that extreme heat will cause the gasket to distort, and eventually fail.

Joe
"

" Joe, Thanks for your help,

" Joe, Thanks for your help,
I'll have my grandchildren with me at times and I want to have confidence that it's safe and reliable. Have thought maybe of R&R: Fuel pump, Carb and water pump. Is there any thing you would recommend and are these items available ? How would I know if it's been overheated and what are the usual compression ranges for it ? Sorry to be a pest. Thanks again, Rudy "

Back