Logo

Cleaning Carb through the Solenoid Primer How to

John@4234

I ran my 1993 Evinrude E48 for the day cut it off went to restart the next week but no go. Looked to see what was going on and found that the solenoid primer was leaking. Ordered replacement part but have not received yet but would like to know how you spray carb cleaner through the solenoid air valve just in case. Help.

The primer solenoid is a valve.-----It opens when you push in the key.----Fuel is then pushed through it by the fuel pump.----This fuel does not go through the metering circuits within the carburetor.

Saw on YouTube how to replace the stem on the valve which was leaking and they said that the air valve at the end was where you could spray carb cleaner. That was what was asking must be just for pushing air through to blow out carb.

No you can inject a cleaner solution through the shreader valve.-----But as I clearly stated the primer does NOT put anything into the carburetor.-----It bypasses the carburetor.------The cleaner solution / engine tuner / fogging oil goes directly into the engine when it is running !!----Don't believe every YouTube presenter.----Some of them are very entertaining to me.

Back