Logo

Chrysler outboard fuel fittings

I've just recieved a 1985

I've just recieved a 1985 90 hp chrysler magnapower outboard model #907HA. It has a hose coming from the bottom of the carbs and one from the fuel pump. Is this a pressurized tank system and what type of fuel fittings would I need?

"James, first off I hope someo

"James, first off I hope someone didn't convince you that you were getting a 1985 model. The 907HA was a 1974 model.

Chrysler was bought out by Bayliner in 84 and became the Force line.

In any event, this is not a pressurized system like existed on some of the older OMC models.

If the fuel fittings are absent completely, I personally would use that opportunity to convert it over to the modern OMC fittings. They are universal amongst the OMC line and are the cheapest of any on the market.

Any OMC dealer can provide you with the fitting for the engine itself and then a standard OMC fuel line and tank connector will cost you less than just the fitting from some other mfg's - and with the exception of the engine fitting itself, you can pick-up the rest at Walmart if you like..."

"James, I'm not sure that

"James, I'm not sure that I am understanding your question.

You have a 3 carb set-up, correct - all stacked on top of each other.

There should be a fuel line that comes first to the lowest carb and then piggy backs it's way up to the other two to feed them gas. A series of hoses and fittings running up the left hand side as you look at the carb throats.

There is (was) also a cover that went over the front of the carbs - not a filter really, but a cover to keep water and crud out. It also had a drain hose on it (about the size of a fuel line)."

Back