Logo

Chrysler Manifold Tag

shilpisch

Regular Contributor
I am looking for someone that has a picture and dimensions of this Chrysler Exhaust Manifold tag (Item #2 in the diagram)

exhaust_manifold_diagram.jpg
I have a gentleman that would like for me to recreate these plates for him so that he can put his engine back to as close to original as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Steve
A2D-Designs.com

I had one off just two weeks ago and forgot to measure & photograph it before I took the log back and reinstalled it. I will put camera and tape measure in the car as soon as I post this and write myself a reminder note so I will remember to get all that for you when I go back down to work on it @ the end of the week. I got much helpful info from this forum while I was diagnosing & replacing the blown head gasket, and it will be a pleasure to help someone else on here.

Scot

Scot,

any pics and dimensions would be helpful! I recreated it based on the above image and other Chrysler decals I had done in the past as well as some dimensions that were taken off of an exhaust manifold where one use to be...

Here is what i came up with, final produce would be on a more shiny/brushed aluminum opposed to this flat gray/silver
Chrysler Exhaust Manifold Tag layout.jpg
Chrysler Exhaust Manifold Tag 1.jpgChrysler Exhaust Manifold Tag 2.jpgChrysler Exhaust Manifold Tag 3.jpg

I just realized the guy that printed these somehow changed my layout and messed up the striping... I will have to get that adjusted for the final print, but the First attachment/schematic is the way it should be printed.

Thanks for any help you can provide Scot!

Steve
A2D-Designs.com

Scot,

Just wanted to check in with you and see if you had a chance to get pictures and dimensions of your tag or not... Thanks in advance!

Steve

Yes, finally! I'll see if I can post the pics here. Dimensions are as follows: the length on the outside of the border is 8.5": inside border is 7&5/8". Width outside border: 1.16"; inside:.96"
'C': .95"X.5"; 'H': .85"X.45"; 'R': .875"X.45"; 'Y': .91"X.45"; 'S':.92"X.5"; 'L': .73"X.45"; 'E': .79"X.45"; the upper, rounded part of the 'R' is .885" wide, while the lower leg is .927" wide. It, also, is .45" tall.Chrysler 'tag' 026.jpg(The C & S are both .5 tall: the rest are .45)Chrysler 'tag' 030.jpgI have more pics, but the quality isn't great. If you need more info, reply here. I'll check back on Tues. Does this forum have PM? I can email more from my work address if needed.
Cheers!
Scot

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, this is actually another style that I recently was working on...but this info confirms what I thought, thank you for taking the time to get these dimensions and pictures!

I am trying to locate a new vendor to do my plates and once I do I will have both options available!

Back