Logo

Chrysler 9.9 serial number location

mikeingeorgia

Hello, I'm new here and have a Chrysler 9.9 Hp outboard sitting under my workbench at the moment. I've looked around on it but don't see a plate of any sort with the serial number. Where are they normally located and is there any other way to tell for sure what specific model it is?

I've a 12.9 crysler .my seriel number idenfication is situated on the inside of the main tray that the engine is attached too with the 6 mountain bolts .hope this helps. Just check to see if there's a small alimium plate that has been stamp with the details of your engine.

Hello, I'm new here and have a Chrysler 9.9 Hp outboard sitting under my workbench at the moment. I've looked around on it but don't see a plate of any sort with the serial number. Where are they normally located and is there any other way to tell for sure what specific model it is?
it is usually on the lower cowl pan to the left of the carb

Ok, thanks for the information. I was looking around on the outside and didn't see anything. I thought it might be attached similarly to the way Mercury puts the plate on theirs

Back