Logo

Chrysler 318 Flywheel Help!

dean.taylor1590

My Marinette has a Chrysler 318 255hp with electronic ignition. my flywheel has missing teeth now (not sure why?)
So, can I remove the bell housing and flywheel while the boat is still in the water? it is a straight drive hooked up to a Velvet drive transmission. Really need help, my wife is set on selling my boat now! :-(

You should be able to. You will have to unbolt the shaft and push it back and then the velvet drive after blocking up the back of the engine. then remove the bell housing. The velvet drive is heavy so you should probably have someone there to help you lift it out. It is a good idea to take pictures as you pull it apart so you will know how it goes back together.
Can't help you with the wife situation, good luck.

You should be able to. You will have to unbolt the shaft and push it back and then the velvet drive after blocking up the back of the engine. then remove the bell housing. The velvet drive is heavy so you should probably have someone there to help you lift it out. It is a good idea to take pictures as you pull it apart so you will know how it goes back together.
Can't help you with the wife situation, good luck.
thank you so very much. i was really hoping this way would work.

Back