Logo

Check engine light and buzzer 1999 225 FICHT

kjwest721

"I recently purchased a 21 ft

"I recently purchased a 21 ft Stratos with a 99 Evinrude FICHT. On first trip everything was fine. I installed new plugs(indexed them) then took it out again. Boat ran good then all of a sudden when taking off the check engine light and buzzer came on and would not allow me to get on plane. After stopping, turning engine off, starting again it happened a total of 3 times. On the 3rd time I kept my foot on the throttle and it got on plane and ran good but check engine light was still on. Any ideas?"

"as well as i rem,..i believe

"as well as i rem,..i believe that would be water in fuel on a ficht..but,not 100%...i would say that,or fuel restriction."

"yes,.....not too bad---here i

"yes,.....not too bad---here it is-----># 48
149610.gif
filter

"pour it in a pickle jar etc,a

"pour it in a pickle jar etc,and see...it is obvious..if u r unsure then,..spit,in it and u can see the diff...this method.is not,..in the service manual tho....comes from yrs of research :>)"

"Before I removed the seperato

"Before I removed the seperator, I noticed that the electrical plug on the water sensor assy was not 100 % plugged in. I connected it completley where it locked into place. Do you think that loose connection may have been the issue?"

"i doubt it,..but the elect sy

"i doubt it,..but the elect system on the FFi engs,is sensitive...i would still ck out the fuel it that filter,..put a new one on too."

Changed the fuel filter/water

Changed the fuel filter/water seperator...ran great no check engine light or buzzer. Thanks foe the help. Now I'm working on the set up in order to get more rpm and speed out of the boat. Currently running a Tempest 25 on the 99 225 Ficht on a 5 1/2 hydraulic CMC jp. GPS 63.4 @ 5200 rpm. I feel like I should be turning more rpm. Any suggestions?

Back