Logo

Changing oil in an AQ131A275

"Greetings.

I've got an

"Greetings.

I've got an AQ131A/275 in an old Bayliner. I want to change the oil in the outdrive before putting it in the water. I've found both the lower and upper plugs. Do I just drain and then fill with 10W30 until it comes out the top plug?

Also, What's the easiest way to change engine oil? One of those pump things and a tube in the dipstick?

Thanks for the great forum!"

"Just drop the oil out of it a

"Just drop the oil out of it and replace with motor oil of your choice,10-30 is fine and refill till the level is about 3/4 up the flat part on the dipstick. You will notice this flat part on the opposite end of the threaded end. Fill thru the allen headed plug right above the shift linkage plate under the rear cover. The final check should be with the drive verticle."

Thanks for the reply.

I&#3

Thanks for the reply.

I'm a little unclear on this "dipstick". I pulled the top allen-head plug and it just looks like a plug. I didn't notice a flat part anywhere on the plug. Am I looking at the wrong thing?

How did you end up changing yo

How did you end up changing your motor oil? Does yours have the threaded dip stick?

"No, it's a pull-out dipst

"No, it's a pull-out dipstick.

I did it in an unusual way. My 12V oil pumper wasn't working so I got about 10' of that nylon 1/4" tubing used to hook up refrigerator icemakers. I sucked on the end until the oil would gravity feed over the transom into a pan on the garage floor. It took a day or more of drip-dripping to get four quarts out. I drained the rest by removing the plug and putting a small pan under the engine.

Not very elegant but it worked for this year."

Thanks for those links. I use

Thanks for those links. I used one of these on my last boat but on my new 21 ft Larson the hose will not exit my drain plug.

Back