Logo

Changed impeller still no water

the_beave

"I changed the impeller on my

"I changed the impeller on my '65 Merc 3.9 as the old one was shot big time but after taking it out in the water today it still was not spitting any water out of the exhaust hole. It is together right with the water tubes together. I checked and water goes thru the hole on the bottom, past the impeller and out so I know that it is'nt blocked. Is ther any way to tell if there is a blockage in the upper part of the line?"

"Arron, the easiest was is to

"Arron, the easiest was is to drop the lower unit again and rig up a garden hose to the water tube."

"Try to stay on the same threa

"Try to stay on the same thread ,please.
warning.gif

O.K. You may have to drop it again and run a garden hose on the copper pipe. Water will come out of somewhere for sure. It should come right out the exhaust pipe. Unless the copper pipe has a hole or the pipe grommet under the P/H is bad. If not the next step is to lift the powerhead and see what is going on under there. The pump turns clockwise. The stack goes gasket/plate/gasket. You put the impeller on the shaft and and turned it clockwise and shove the lid on right? You did put the little keyway back in the pump right? I gotta ask. Sorry."

Back