Logo

Carb Sync question

ryans01z28

Contributing Member
I have a bf25a that I cleaned the carbs on but need to sync them now cuz there way off now so I ordered The "Emgo Carburetor syncronizer But how or where does it get hooked at? I see 2 possible spots but one hose is for fuel so does it get hooked in line with the other hose on the carb or do I need to do something else?

yea i got the carb sync gauges hooked up and had the engine running but you cant read the gauge cus its bouncing all over the place and it doesnt idle for crap. i wonder if i have the valves a little tight after i had the cam out

Looking up the gauges that you bought, it appears that the gauges do not have valves to reduce the swing of the needles. You should sync based on the midpoint of the swing of the needles. If you want to minimize the swing, you can pinch the hoses to allow just a small amount of vacuum to go through the hoses. You will still get some swing, but the smaller the swing, the easier to sync.

If you have a doubt on the valve clearances, you should check them again. If not adjusted right, you could cause engine damage.

Mike

I'm will be checking the clearance on it when I'm not so busy. The gauges I bought does have some valves on them to restrict air so I will see what that gets me

I know this thread is ancient, but I thought I'd throw The Digi Sync into consideration. I've worked with all the old-school carb sync methods, and this one wins hands-down! It's the latest digital carburetor synchronizer tech. It's incredibly simple/intuitive to use and if I remember right, it was only $145, which seems like a fair price in today's world.

Back