Logo

Carb Jet Question

wags1966

This is a picture of one of my carbs off of my 1975 Evinrude 115 HP outboard. The red arrows are pointing to the 2 jets in question. These jets are supposed to be able to come out correct ?? Unscrew ?? I'm in the process of cleaning both carbs and I want to get these out. Unfortunately they won't budge. I mangled the crap out of the ones from the other carb. I sure hope they can be replaced?? Any advice or ideas will be appreciated !

Thanks !

carb.jpg

Those never need to come out.----And they are not jets at all.----Find the jets inside the carburetor BOWL.----Yes they are way in there behind that drain plug.

If you just mangled up the top where it looks like you tried to use a screwdriver to get them out, I'd take some very fine sandpaper and just clean them up and you should be good. I've attached a link to a blown up diagram of your carbs. I'd order carb kits and be sure to remove plug #2 to clean out all of the small passages beneath that plug. The carb kit will come with a replacement plug. And #33 is your high speed jet (like racerone said) and #40 is your low speed jet. The jets come out, but there's a special screwdriver that is pretty blunt on the end. Amazon has them, but I've used an angle grinder to modify a larger screwdriver to work well. Just be careful and take your time.

Thanks everyone. Ya, I boogered up those things pretty bad. I will start looking for a carb body. I have a schematic of the carbs. I was wondering why it didn't show the emulsion tubes.... Duh ! I just wish those things didn't have slots in the top that look like they are for a screwdriver. My bad but a learning experience.

Thanks !

Not to be argumentative, but I'm pretty sure that I've removed those on some older outboards. But yes, I can't think of any reason why they would ever need to be replaced.

I also may have a set of carbs, will break them apart to help you. Here is one body marked 1 3/16 but inside the emulsion tubes there is also a smaller tube.

Attachments

• IMG_20231009_124104283_HDR_compress67.jpg
    IMG_20231009_124104283_HDR_compress67.jpg
    719.6 KB · Views: 3
Here is the tag and I am missing one float bowl, came in a box of parts at a marine repair/dealer auction.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231009-130135.png
    Screenshot_20231009-130135.png
    390.3 KB · Views: 1
Back