Logo

Can my 6hp Evinrude LS tiller be converted PLEASE HELP

sgruebs870

"Hello everyone, I have a ques

"Hello everyone, I have a question that I despeately need answered. I'm curious if my 6hp Evinrude LS tiller can be converted to accomidate throttle and steering cables and maybe electric start (electric start is not a big deal though)? I purchased a 6' x 14' pontoon that did not come with an outboard and I was hoping to attach my 6hp Evinrude and use it to putt around my 250 acre lake. The pontoon originally came with a 1995 Evinrude LS 9.9 4 stroke, the owner just took the motor and left the steering, throttle, shift and battery cables. Is this conversion possible with the cables I have or will I have to get different ones or will I need to purchase a totally different outboard??? I would hate to have to spend a ton of money on a new motor. Any info you can supply me with will be GREATLY appreciated. The attached photo is the actual outboard I own. Thanks!!!!

290406.jpg
pic

"What year is that engine? I

"What year is that engine? I am looking at the 1973 catalog, and the 9.5 and the 6 had remote controls available. Yours looks a little newer."

These guys running this forumn

These guys running this forumn (MarineEngine) have the casting that bolts to the engine cover bucket. Your cable end will have to have the push pin in the ends. It's #0380293. You might want to look it over and see if it will work????

Back