Logo

Can I convert a Johnson 25 ser no 9J25RPU shortshaft to a longshaft

I

Iwan Lane

" Hello,
If yes, how is this

" Hello,
If yes, how is this possible and does anybody know the part no.?
If no, should I cut-down my transom or swap the motor for a long shaft? It bugs me that I can't decide the answer to this. I don't want to spend too much money on this boat cause the missus is already growling:)
Thank you for your advice.
Iwan "

"Iwan.... You list (name&#

"Iwan.... You list (name) the number of 9J25RPU as a "serial number". It is the "model number" that indicates the year of the engine.

In case you have listed the model number but named it incorrectly, I can not find that number in my Model Year Guide book.

Are you sure of this number? Double check it. Is it indeed the "Model Number"? If it is, include the year of the engine if you know it.

Joe
"

Joe
I'm sorry about that

Joe
I'm sorry about that.
I just had another look.
The first digit could possibly be an "S" or an "8" making it an SJ25RPU or an 8J25RPU with ser. no 03046555.
I don't know the year of the engine. Can you tell me please.
Thank you.
Iwan

"Iwan..... Your engine model #

"Iwan..... Your engine model # SJ25RPU is a 1992 Rope Start 25hp Johnson. It can be converted to a long shaft model by purchasing a Long Shaft Extension Kit, OMC part number 396707. Expect the price of the kit to be in the area of about $250 or $300, possibly less. The last price I have on it (1999) was $232.74 but we know that price has increased since then. Good Luck......

Joe (30+ Years With OMC)"

Back