Logo

Can anyone identify these connectors please

oldshore

Contributing Member
"Motor is 2003 MEFI 5.7L inboa

"Motor is 2003 MEFI 5.7L inboard Crusader
This is a rear view of the motor, on the left side, the transmission cable locking bracket is on the bottom.
There is a 4 pin female connector in the middle, a one pin female on top and a one pin male on the lower right.
250157.jpg
Connectors at rear of motor"">
Thanks a lot"

"I dunno, but the 4 pin water

"I dunno, but the 4 pin water seal isn't makin' it... Was it detached for some period of time? They can be replaced."

I just got the motor a few wee

I just got the motor a few weeks ago. I don't think it was capped for quite some time.

The single at the bottom is th

The single at the bottom is the Data link cable which connect two engines in a twin engine installation. That shuts down the other engine if the first one goes into RPM reduction for any reason.

The four pin is for an optional indicator light cluster. They are all normally not used in a single engine boat. Pack them with termelene and go boating.

Rick - what is the single fema

Rick - what is the single female on the top? It is the female counterpart to the single at the bottom.
Thanks

Rick - is the single female on

Rick - is the single female on top also part of the data link for twin engines? Thank you

"Yes, the direction in which

"Yes, the direction in which you install the connecting harness determines which is master and which is slave."

Back