Logo

Can anybody here tell me the year of this motor

jerry101

Contributing Member
"i bought this motor of a good

"i bought this motor of a good friend of mine,as was wondering what year it is,the model number is 6905e and the serial # is j000151,any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks and have a nice day......."

"thanks for the info good budd

"thanks for the info good buddy....i changed spark plugs on this motor from L7734 to champian L86c motor started and ran good ,ran for about 10 minutes to warm it up,shifted it into forward gear and motor dies,quite quickly, .i tried this a couple of times with the same results.what could be the problem ?hose and primer bulb are brand new..."

"Not that this is an answer to

"Not that this is an answer to you question, but according to the list I have, the proper plug for a 1979 6hp Evinrude is QL77JC4. How much different that is from the L86C ... I don't know!

When is the last time the motor ran normally?
Is the gas fresh?
When was the carb last cleaned/rebuilt?
Have you checked compression?
Have you checked the spark?

You'll probably get a better response if you'll explain what has and what hasn't been ruled out as the problem ... if anything!"

I am an amature backyard mecha

I am an amature backyard mechanic. I have an Evenrude 110hp the serial# and model# are not at all readable. There is an aluminium? plug (like a frost plug) on the power head. The numbers stamped on the plug are 07210211. Can anyone tell me the year of the motor from those numbers or if there is a way to determine the year? I can figure out most of what the model# would be but not the year. I have one cylinder that only shows 30 lbs of compression. Other 3 cyl are about 105. I am going to need some parts but don't know the year or model of motor.

"I have purchased a Evinrude F

"I have purchased a Evinrude Fisherman motor. serial # 5302m-e09250. can any body tell me what year and model # this is, and horsepower. thank you fishmasterboy"

"I have purchased a Evinrude f

"I have purchased a Evinrude fisherman motor serial#5302m-e09250, can you tell me what year & model # and horsepower this is.thank you Boyd"

Boyd.... Go back to the previo

Boyd.... Go back to the previous page. Look at the left side of the Blue Border. Click on "Start New Discussion.

Back