Logo

Cam follower roller thingy

Is this a 2 HP motor ??
no, this is a 1975 Johnson, I also have 2 Chryslers, a 1976 10hp, and a 1979 6hp, and an Evinrude 18, 1972. I am starting with the one I think I can get into the water first, then work on learning what the other 3 motors will need to go. I am trying to gather parts for the 72 evinrude 18, such as a starter bracket, and a starter, etc.

If it’s got a whole lot of wear, maybe try electrical tape as a temp fix until you find a replacement?

Someone in here is going to want to shoot me for saying that. Sorry, purists! 😁

i just made one out of a piece of pushrod for one of my cd-12s from god only knows what it came off of but ive also made em from wood and other materials

If it’s got a whole lot of wear, maybe try electrical tape as a temp fix until you find a replacement?

Someone in here is going to want to shoot me for saying that. Sorry, purists! 😁
I just took a bunch off of the roller, and the roller itself looks fine, although smaller, so I am thinking that there should be a "tire" on the white nylon roller, thinking that I can make one to slip and glue into place with a feul line or hose tubing , thoughts?

I just took a bunch off of the roller, and the roller itself looks fine, although smaller, so I am thinking that there should be a "tire" on the white nylon roller, thinking that I can make one to slip and glue into place with a feul line or hose tubing , thoughts?
Might be tough to find something really thin that has the same inner and outer diameter of the roller. These parts are super cheap. Might just be better off buying a replacement but in the time being, I think electrical tape might be you best bet. Wrap it realllllllly tight so you can minimize the amount of flex it will have when up against the magneto.

Back