Logo

Bypass the fuel connector at engine?'s

1977 johnson 15hp. #15r77m. Any problems with bypassing the fuel connector . Mine is leaking. Tried different new and used hose end connectors. Still leaking at connector on engine side. Thinking of hooking hose directly to the engine/fuel pump. Need to know if this will give me any problems. Other than leaving hose hooked up all the time. American cheapy scape. Don't want to spend $90 for a new connector. Thanks.

Don’t be that cheap, it will be a Royal PITA.
I have an extra one, RacerOne probably has a half dozen of them.
Send me a PM, we’ll get you one for way less than $90
Beforemyoumreplace it, make sure it’s not the short hose from connector to fuel pump that leaking.

Great advice. Thank you. I will check the hose at the back side of connector on Monday. I will let you know. If I need the connector I will get one from you. Last thing I need is another royal pita.

Don’t be that cheap, it will be a Royal PITA.
I have an extra one, RacerOne probably has a half dozen of them.
Send me a PM, we’ll get you one for way less than $90
Beforemyoumreplace it, make sure it’s not the short hose from connector to fuel pump that leaking.
great advice. thank you. I will check to see if it is leaking from the short hose on the back side of connector on monday. will let you know. if it is the connector i will get 1 from you. last thing i need is another royal pita.

The hose connection was fine. Not leaking. I found a good used connector locally for $20. All working for now. No leaks. Thanks Edchris177. Guess I'm still american cheapy scape. Hopefully no royal pita from buying used. Lol.

Back