Logo

Buzzer,Horn, Alarm went off on 50 hp Force

panfish

I,ve heard them called all three, anyway yesterday while out on the lake I had went up and down the lake a couple of times,everything was just fine but all at once at WOT the Buzzer went crazy, nothing seemed wrong but I shut the motor off for a couple of minutes,fired it back up and no Buzzer,did something happen or was it just a malfuntion? Should I have it checked or wait for something to happen?:confused:

It was a steady buzzing so I shut the motor off and let it set a minute or so and when I started it back up the buzzer did not go off. I,m worried that it might be something wrong with the motor.Hope someone has a ideal of what might be gonna on.

It's possible that you picked up a plastic bag on the water intake.
It's also possible that you need a waterpump rebuild.They sell impellers here on this site.
They don't have an intermittent beep on the older forces.It's a steady overheat alarm.J

Checked the plastic bag ideal, didn,t see anything,about a month ago I had a boat mechanic replace the seals in the lower part of the motor and he said the impeller looked like new,been back out on the lake a couple of times in the last few days and it did it once again at WOT, shut the motor off a couple of minutes and then fired it back up and the buzzer did not go back off, anything I can look for when the buzzer goes off while the motor is still running?

Back