Logo

Breaking in a VMAX 115 Best practices

Nucad

Regular Contributor
Hello, I have a new motor and boat (Vmax 115 on a Stanley Mink). So far it has had about two hours of use. How long should I go before giving higher RPMS? So far I have mostly driven it either slow going into a Marina or cruising at around 4000-4300. It has probably had about 7 gallons worth of use. There does not seem to be much about break in in the owners manual. Should I just vary the speed for a while (How Long?) I am looking forward to seeing what the top speed is.
Tia

There absolutely is a section in the owners manual that instructs breaking in motor. Usually chapter 1. I think the first 10 hours are run at no more than 3/4 throttle followed by 5 hours of intermittent throttle above 3/4.

Thanks for the info...found it. The boat has about 4 hours on it now. Been letting it run slow while warming up, then been varying the speed quite a bit. If I give it some reign, I only do it for about a minute. Also suggests letting it idle a bit after a run. Oil change at 20 Hours. One thing I just noticed is that the throttle is responding better while slowing down than it did when I first started driving it. At about 4000 RPM, the throttle would just die if you pulled it back to slow a bit. Seems to slow more uniformly now. Perhaps there is some learning on the engine's part in the throttle application??

Back