Logo

Bravo 3 ram anode - stripped holes

The threaded holes can be cleaned with a bottoming tap,drilled a slight bit deeper and tapped deeper. 10-32
He eggs will work but they protect the shaft not the cylinder that much but do work

The threaded holes can be cleaned with a bottoming tap,drilled a slight bit deeper and tapped deeper. 10-32
He eggs will work but they protect the shaft not the cylinder that much but do work
10-32 is the size that is larger than what is there now?

thread size is 10-32
I appreciate your help this is turning onto a pain
I managed to get a 10-32 tap in and turn it PAINFULLY SLOWLY with pliers to try to chase the threads.
It will hold the bolt with out the anode on. But when I try to attach the anode the 3/4 inch bolt is not long enough to get a grip
into the hole.
Going to try a 1 inch and maybe some more lockwashers on the anode side if they are too long.
IF i can drill and tap the hole a little deeper, or go t o1/4-20 into the end cap, how much deeper can I go into the hole without
destroying something?

you cant drill the anode out that far.Use the 1 inch bolt and cut it shorter to fit the to get into the threads left. A trick i use is remove the ram, place in vise, rotate the end for clearance to drill slightly deeper and tap with a bottoming tap

When you get this to work,
Coat the screws and threaded holes wiyh,
Dielectric grease and you can get a tube at any auto parts store.

This is a electrically conductive grease and keeps moisture out and aids in lessening corrosion

Or use copper antiseize. This will do the same..

Isn’t di-electric grease, by definition, an insulator? The few high school automotive courses I took, many years ago, we were cautioned it was great stuff for keeping out water, & insulating connections from contamination/corrosion but don’t put it on the surfaces you want to be conductive.

Isn’t di-electric grease, by definition, an insulator? The few high school automotive courses I took, many years ago, we were cautioned it was great stuff for keeping out water, & insulating connections from contamination/corrosion but don’t put it on the surfaces you want to be conductive.

Well, Thats why I also included the use of COPPER ANTISIEZE.

Back