Logo

Bravo 3 "2.0 to 1" with 24" 3 blade props

bclift

I am trying to slow my boat down a knot or 2. I currently have 24" dual 3 blade SS props. WOT is roughly 4400 to 4500 rpms going 40 mph, Pursuit 2860, 7.4L MerCruiser. The trolling speed is just a little to fast for stripper fishing. I know downsizing props will rise my RPM and I would have to be conscious of this but realistically should downsizing to 20 or 22 pitch help me out?

Greatly appreciate any feedback, thank you
B. Clift
540-379-0690

yes, putting the lower pitch props will go a long way to reaching your striper trolling target speed... as long as you don't exceed the WOT when running, you won't hurt anything...

I am trying to slow my boat down a knot or 2. I currently have 24" dual 3 blade SS props. WOT is roughly 4400 to 4500 rpms going 40 mph, Pursuit 2860, 7.4L MerCruiser. The trolling speed is just a little to fast for stripper fishing. I know downsizing props will rise my RPM and I would have to be conscious of this but realistically should downsizing to 20 or 22 pitch help me out?

Greatly appreciate any feedback, thank you
B. Clift
540-379-0690
Ayuh,..... I spent many years trolling on Lake Ontario for various species,...

I found the best, simplest way to lower my speeds was to hang a 5' drift sock off each of the bow cleats,....
Get to the fishing grounds, toss 'em overboard,..... When done, pull 'em in, 'n boat on home,.....

Back